Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hamilton sightseeing and the trip home






Here is our Toyota Corolla rental car and The Bandicoot Motor Inn where we stayed. The lake is Hamilton Lake and I think the bird is a Little Pied Cormorant, but I am happy to be corrected if that isn't correct. Right next to this lake was the Ansett Transport Museum which we enjoyed having a look around in. They have a replica Fokker Universal (1936)plane and various mannequins modelling all the different air hostess uniforms that have been used over the years. It was really interesting.
The Mountain range (I think) is The Grampians. It was beside us as we drove home in the afternoon. If you want to see our weekend away in order then scroll down to the Waterfalls post and work your way to the top. I'm sure that you'll agree that we fitted a lot into two days. We also enjoyed the Hamilton Botanical Gardens but we didn't take any photos there. I am very grateful to the kind policeman that gave me a warning re my speed on the way down rather than a ticket. The meal at The National Hotel in Coleraine was delicious as well, if you are ever in Coleraine, I would highly recomend that you have dinner there.

2 comments:

Annie said...

These are fantastic pics. Looks beautiful, I do wonder why yu didn't fit more into your weekend though!!!

Doug said...

pretty sure the bird is a cormorant, or shag in NZ. Look at those webbed feet! Nice trip!